– The Greater Cleveland Skins Game heads to Chardon Lakes GC this Thursday at 5 p.m., details here;
– The Akron District Golf Association plays a 54 hole stroke play event at three different courses this Saturday through Monday, details here;
– Cleveland Metroparks Golf hosts a 4-Man Scramble at Sleepy Hollow GC in Brecksville this Saturday (sign up today!), details here;
– The Golf Galaxy Tour plays Fowlers Mill on Saturday in a 2-Man Better Ball Format, details here;
– The local qualifier for the ESPN 2-Man Championship comes to Quail Hollow GC in Concord this Sunday, May 31. Cost is $85/player and includes entry, greens fee with cart, and a tee gift. The winning teams from various local qualifiers play again at Quail in the regional in August, at a cost of $175/player. Those winners go to Las Vegas in October to play in the national finals at no additional cost, but flight/hotel is the player’s expense. To enter the local qualifier, call the Quail pro shop at 440-639-3810.
– The Championship Golf Association plays an individual stroke play event at Sugarbush GC in Garrettsville this Sunday, details here;
– The Joe Ungvary Sr. Memorial 2-Man Jumble is next week Saturday, June 6 at Good Park Golf Course in Akron. Six holes each of scramble, better ball and true alternate, with each six plus the overall total earning prizes (plus skins!). Entry fee is $110/man for all event pots, skins, golf and cart. To enter, call the Good Park pro shop at 330-864-0020.
– The 48th playing of the Ashland Am-Am Tournament takes place June 13th and 14th at the challenging Country Club of Ashland. The main event is played on Sunday in scratch 2-man better ball format with an optional cash skins game. PDF entry blank here.
– Also on June 14, pro Walt Robertson is hosting the first Highland 3-M Cash Scramble at Highland Park Golf Course. Teams of 3 amateurs or 1 pro and 2 ams will play for a $3,000 first place prize. Entry fee is $375 per team. Details via PDF entry blank here.
A number of other great competitive golf events throughout Northeast Ohio can be found on the Tournament Calendar…