Talk about pent up demand! Tournament golfers in Northeast Ohio can’t wait to get back into competition after a long, cold winter. And while one early season scramble is already a full-field affair with a waiting list, there are still plenty of options for playing tournament golf in April in Northeast Ohio:
– The season kicks off at the Eagle Creek 6-Man Cash Scramble in Norwalk on Sunday, April 18th. There are just four slots left, so if you want to get a team into the field for the first big scramble of the season, do it quickly. Call Eagle Creek’s Dave Morgan at 419-668-8535 to enter.
– If you’re looking for a fun event to get off some of the golf rust, the Ohio Golf Tour starts its season on Saturday, April 24th with a 2-Man Better Ball at Fowlers Mill Golf Club in Chesterland. Details at OhioGolfTour.com.
– Too late to enter this one; the Yankee Run 5-Man Cash Scramble on Sunday, April 25 in Brookfield has a full field, with four teams already on the waiting list. Details here if you want to get on the waiting list, but breath-holding is not recommended.
– You’re not shut out of tournament golf completely on that day, as that same Sunday, April 25th, the Stark County Amateur Golf Association opens its season at the Zoar 2-M Scramble at Zoar Village Golf Club. Visit the SCAGA website to register.
– The Medalist Tour’s Booster Club Pro Am Invitational on Thursday April 29th at Boulder Creek Golf Club is filling up fast, too, but there is still some space available. Bit of a different pro/am scramble format, in that the pro plays his own ball, the am team plays scramble, and the better of the two scores is the team score. (Candidly, unless the pro holes a field shot, the Am scramble team better make or equal the score that’s used on every hole, or that team will get a pat on the back and a “thanks for coming”.) Entry details here.
These April events are a great way to try to grab a “preseason W” while getting into golf shape for the May calendar, when the greater Cleveland golf season really gets rolling. See you out there!