– If you don’t have your team’s entry in for the NEOHgolf.com / Blond John 3-Man Cash Scramble at Thunder Hill this coming Saturday, May 23rd, do it today! The field is limited to 24 teams due to existing tee times, and registrations are already at 19 as of Monday. Details on the event are here. To enter, email John or call the Thunder Hill pro shop at 440-298-3474.
– The local qualifier for the ESPN 2-Man Championship comes to Quail Hollow GC in Concord on Sunday, May 31. Cost is $85/player and includes entry, greens fee with cart, and a tee gift. The winning teams from various local qualifiers play again at Quail in the regional in August, at a cost of $175/player. Those winners go to Las Vegas in October to play in the national finals at no additional cost, but flight/hotel is the player’s expense. To enter the local qualifier, call the Quail pro shop at 440-639-3810.
– The Joe Ungvary Sr. Memorial 2-Man Jumble is Saturday, June 6 at Good Park Golf Course in Akron. Six holes each of scramble, better ball and true alternate, with each six plus the overall total earning prizes (plus skins!). Entry fee is $110/man for all event pots, skins, golf and cart. To enter, call the Good Park pro shop at 330-864-0020.
– The 48th playing of the Ashland Am-Am Tournament takes place June 13th and 14th at the challenging Country Club of Ashland. The main event is played on Sunday in scratch 2-man better ball format with an optional cash skins game. PDF entry blank here.
– Also on June 14, pro Walt Robertson is hosting the first Highland 3-M Cash Scramble at Highland Park Golf Course. Teams of 3 amateurs or 1 pro and 2 ams will play for a $3,000 first place prize. Entry fee is $375 per team. Details via PDF entry blank here.
A number of other great competitive golf events throughout Northeast Ohio can be found on the Tournament Calendar…