And 5 of those 10 public facilities — and 4 of the top 5 — are from right here in Northeast Ohio!
Sleepy Hollow Golf Course in Brecksville leads the list of area courses in the Number 2 slot. Boulder Creek, Hawthorne Valley, Little Mountain and The Quarry also nabbed spots on this list.
The Ohio list for Golfweek’s 2013 Places You Can Play:
1. Longaberger GC, Nashport
2. Sleepy Hollow GC, Brecksville
3. Boulder Creek GC, Streetsboro
4. Hawthorne Valley GC, Solon
5. Little Mountain GC, Concord
6. Shaker Run, Lebanon
7. GC at Stone Lick, Batavia
8. The Quarry, Canton
9. Cooks Creek, Columbus
10. Eaglesticks GC, Zanesville
A number of Northeast Ohio’s private golf clubs made the prestigous Top 100 Golfweek Best Courses lists. Golfweek’s lists are a bit different in that they separate out ‘Modern Courses’ (built after 1960) from ‘Classic Courses’ (pre-1960).
Northeast Ohio clubs making Golfweek’s 2013 Top 100 Classic Courses are:
62. Canterbury GC, Beechwood
64. Brookside CC, Canton
90. Kirtland CC, Willoughby (first appearance on the list!)
Other Ohio courses making the Classic list are:
42. Scioto CC, Columbus
44. Inverness CC, Toledo
68. NCR CC, Kettering
99. Moraine CC, Dayton
No Northeast Ohio course made Golfweek’s 2013 Top 100 Modern Courses list.
Other Ohio courses making the Modern list this year are:
11. Muirfield Village, Dublin
12. The Golf Club, New Albany
36. Double Eagle, Galena
For the complete lists, see Golfweek’s Best Courses.