The soon-to-launch Lake Erie Golf Tour, a mini-tour series for professional and amateur golfers, has announced a 13-event schedule at golf courses throughout Northeast Ohio.
The complete schedule, which can be viewed in the Northeast Ohio Golf Tournament Calendar under events marked “LEGT”, starts May 19th at The Elms Country Club near Massillon and finishes at Signature of Solon on September 8th.
Two additional events are ‘sites still to be determined”, including a season-ending Tour Championship in late September.
Golf courses on the LEGT schedule include Pine Hills, Chippewa, Aurora, Tam O’ Shanter, Hawthorne Valley, Good Park, Sleepy Hollow, Seven Hills, and Raintree.
LEGT Director Chris Marino has also announced two promotional items that should help the interest level for his mini-tour event series:
– a $5,000 hole-in-one prize will be up for grabs on one par-3 during each tournament;
– amateur players will receive their prizes in the form of Visa gift cards instead of golf merchandise certificates, a prize format approved by the USGA.
Also, Marino has made clear that he intends to side-step some of the operational issues that cropped up in last year’s Medalist Tour season by pointing out a couple of event management initiatives:
– groupings and starting times will always be made randomly to ensure the legitimacy of attested scores;
– Marino himself will not play in any of the events himself to eliminate all potential conflict of interest in deciding rules matters;
– the head professional at the host golf course will confer directly with Marino regarding play at the course to cover site-specific rules issues.
Complete information on entering the events of the Lake Erie Golf Tour can be found on its website.