Entry blanks are now available for all three upcoming “Cleveland Ams”: The Senior Cleveland Amateur; the Women’s Cleveland Amateur; and The Greater Cleveland Amateur Golf Championship.
The Senior and Women’s events will both be held on July 18-19 at different sites. The Senior Cleveland Am (entry blank here) will be played at Big Met, while the Women’s Cleveland Am (entry blank here) will be contested at Manakiki. Competition details are on listed on the entry blank forms.
The 54-hole main event, The Greater Cleveland Amateur Golf Championship, will be played August 8-10 at Manakiki Golf Course in Willoughby Hills (entry blank here).
Players who are not “exempt” into the tournament can qualify for entry through one of the four Course Championships being held at each of the Cleveland MetroParks golf courses on July 26th and 27th. The top 15 finishers plus ties at each Course Championship earns his or her way to the Championship at Manakiki.
There are a number of exemption methods for tournament players to gain entry into the Championship proper without playing in a qualifier:
1) All past GCAC Champions, and the top ten finishers from the 2007 Championship. All past Senior Champions, and the top five finishers from the 2008 Senior Championship.
2) Event winners during the 2008 calendar year from the Northern Ohio Golf Association, the Akron District Golf Association, and the Championship Golf Association.
3) 2008 Northern Ohio Golf Association club/course champions. (2007 champion eligible if the 2008 champion has not been determined by July 21, 2008)
4) The 2007 and 2008 winners and runners-up of the Northeast Ohio Amateur and the Summit County Amateur.
5) Players ranked in the Top 10 as of July 15th, from the Player of the Year points list of the Northern Ohio Golf Association, the Championship Golf Association, and the Akron District Golf Association, who are not otherwise exempt.
Questions? Contact Mike Raby at 440-333-0305 or email him. Otherwise, get your entry blank in soon…