Greetings to all of you Akron area golfers, I hope that we all are getting ready for the up coming 2015 season!
On the 80th anniversary of the organization, we’ve been working hard over the past few months to put together a schedule that promises to be our best yet. Some highlights for 2015:
• ADGA / NOPGA Budweiser Pro-4Am Challenge: For the first time in the long history of the ADGA, we have a Pro–Am tournament! Thanks to the input of David Griffith of the NOPGA, we are running a joint event with an exciting new format. With a 20 team limited field, the payout for this event is slated to be $10,000 based on a full field;
• Dave Towell Cadillac Shootout returns, but moves to a new date in April as a kick-off skins game with participation points available to ADGA Members;
• Golf Galaxy continues as a title sponsor for the 2015 season;
• Some new golf courses have been added to the tournament rotation in 2015, including Rawiga Country Club, a newly redesigned Oak Knolls Golf Course, and Fox Den.
SUPPORT YOUR ADGA! Become a member and take advantage of additional point opportunities. The $50.00 membership fee helps maintain our level of competition. New for 2015, ADGA Members receive 25 participation points for selected events.
All in all, we’re very excited about the upcoming season. We hope to see you all back out there competing at Akron’s finest golf courses. Remember to mark your calendars and we’ll see you in April.
– Tim Davis, ADGA President
The ADGA is unequaled in its quest for the betterment of amateur golf in the Akron community and continues to refine its tournament schedule, event formats, and payouts to provide its Members with the best competition in the Akron area.
NEW FOR 2015:
• Tire Source and Titleist / Foot Joy will continue their sponsorship of the 2015 Golfer of the Year Tournament;
• New! The Budweiser Pro-4Am, a 3-ball scratch tournament in partnership with the Northern Ohio PGA, promises to an exciting new event with a 50 point GOY participation bonus for all ADGA players;
• The Dave Towell Cadillac Skins Shootout has moved to a spring kick-off event at the Raymond Firestone 9 course, to get the blood moving after a long cold winter lay off;
• The Pindy Wagner is back! A long time favorite in the ADGA schedule for years was the Pindy, a 36-hole 2-man scramble at Oak Knolls. The Pindy returns to a redesigned Oak Knolls for a one-day 18 hole event in 2015.
This year, the ADGA is again offering its Membership program to increase tournament payouts to enhance the excitement of competition. Membership costs only $50 but includes the opportunity to earn Ungvary Cup points in non-ADGA events and reduced entry fees into ADGA events. Please take this opportunity to support the ADGA and register by the first event or sooner.
The 2015 schedule now includes 7 one-day events, one two day event, and the 36-hole Golfer of the Year Invitational which will be returning to Shady Hollow Country Club for a second year. Thanks again Shady Hollow and Gregg Matthus!
– Dave Chapple, ADGA Tournament Director
See the History of the ADGA.