Greetings to all Akron area golfers! I hope that we all are getting ready for the upcoming 2013 Akron District Golf Association season. We’ve been working hard over the past few months to put together a schedule that promises to be our best yet.
While we made some small changes in 2012, the ADGA has several notable changes for the 2013 season:
– We’re most proud to be returning to Firestone Country Club again for our crown jewel tournament, the Golfer of the Year Invitational, with a new sponsor for that event, Tire Source.
– After a long hiatus from the schedule, the shoot-out returns as the Dave Towell Cadillac Shoot-out. Event winners from the 2013 season and last year’s GOY winners will shoot it up at Firestone Public for top honors. 13 players in each division will qualify.
– We return to Brookledge Golf Course in 2013 for the Nick Lazor 2-Man Better Ball.
– Northeast Ohio Golf will be hosting the AGDA website. With this change, we hope to provide our membership with the most current information and results as quickly as possible, and an easy way to make direct tournament registration.
– The Twin Lakes 2-Man Scramble on June 2nd joins the list of non-ADGA events that offer Ungvary Cup and Barnes Cup point opportunities to qualify for the Golfer of the Year Invitational. These select non-ADGA events include: the Turkeyfoot Spring 2-M Scramble, the Twin Lakes 2-Man Scramble, the Ungvary Jumble, the Summit County Am, and the Summit Senior. Remember, only ADGA Members can qualify for the GOY Tournament at Firestone.
The complete 2013 ADGA Schedule can be found via ADGAgolf.com.
Membership in the ADGA is $50 for the season once again. Membership fees may be paid at the first event.
All in all, we are very excited about the upcoming season and hope to see you all back out there competing at some of Akron’s finest golf courses.
So remember to mark your calendars and we’ll see you soon. Play well, play fair, and play fast!
– Tim Davis, Director
Akron District Golf Association
2013 ADGA SPONSORS
Northern Ohio Section PGA
Titleist Foot Joy
House of LaRose
The Fairways at Twin Lakes C.C
Triangle Golf Properties
TurkeyFoot Golf Links
Barberton Brookside C.C
Good Park Golf Course
Cobra Puma Golf
Dave Towell Cadillac
GOLD TEE SPONSORS
Dr. Jeff Mallette
Printers Devil Hudson, Ohio
Industrial Tube and Steel
VanNostran Young & Associates
TC Dental Care LLC
Joel Recht Nationwide Insurance
2013 ADGA Board of Governors
Tim Davis, President
Dave Chapple, Tournament Director
Mike Burnett, Board Member
Kevin Larizza, Board Member
Dr. Jeff Mallette, Board Member
Thomas Skidmore, Board Member
Bill Downing, Board Member